Central Nebraska LOSS Team Completes First Full Year
The Central Nebraska LOSS Team finished their first full year in 2015. We continue as a group to move forward in a positive manner.
Highlights of the year include:
- We have about 20-25 members now and meet on a monthly basis.
- We have about 6-7 licensed clinicians on board and Dr. Krista Fritson from the University of Nebraska at Kearney serves
as our clinical director.
- Renae Zimmer and Dave Griek are co-founders of LOSS in Central Nebraska. We visited with 2 families this past year
that have experienced a suicide in their own family. One family was referred to us by a member of the LOSS team
and another reached out to our team through a mutual friend.
- We have stayed in touch with both families throughout the year and both doing well. We continue to invite them to
events that we hold in the Kearney, Ne area.
- We did hold two events this past year to keep our name out there and to promote awareness for LOSS. The first one
was a LOSS walk held at Yanney Park in Kearney and the second event was a movie sponsorship weekend on International
Survivors of Suicide day held at a local theatre. We also did a volleyball tournament in July of 2015 to fundraise and raise
awareness as well.
- We have had business cards made up along with banners, pens and brochures. We worked with the UNK Marketing
Department to develop a logo and brochures.
- We have handed out brochuresócards at our functions as well as to counseling offices, police stations and funeral homes, etc.
- We also have a website and a facebook page.
- In 2016, we have goals and a budget to bring in a speaker. We have also partnered with our Region 3 in Central Nebraska
to help promote suicide prevention.
- At this pointówith our numbers at the meetings and our support we would like additional training and possible ideas
to bring in a speaker or speakers to an event.
- Renae has stayed in close contact with the local law enforcement and they are fully on board and support the LOSS Team.
- The LOSS Team of Central NE has also had other communities reach out to us for support and help in starting their
- We stay in close contact with Dr. Belau and his Lincoln, Ne team as well.
Please note: the LOSSTeam website is not intended to provide help in a crisis. If you are feeling suicidal or need help for
yourself or someone you know, please consult IASP's Suicide Prevention Resources to find a crisis center anywhere in the world.
In the US, call toll-free 1-800-273-TALK (8255) for a free suicide prevention service or visit
Copyright © 2018 Dr. Frank Campbell